Pages

Aug 7, 2011

words with sentence 1

Astray - we were led astray by the inaccurate map.
Beneficial – fresh air is beneficial to your health .
Thee – we  thank  thee for thy goodness .
Straight – that line is not straight .
Path – there is a path through the fields .
Favour – will you do me a favour and lend me your car ?
Thine – thine anger is great .
Guidance – a project prepared under the guidance of the professor.
Established – she established herself  business  as jeweller .
Reveal – All their  secrets have  been  revealed .
Hereafter – This concerns  the will of John smith , hereafter  referred to as the deceased .
Deceased – Her parents , now deceased , were very wealthy .
Seal – a piece of wax or the other material bearing a design , attached to a document  to show that it is genuine and legal .
Hinge -  I must oil the hinges .
Genuine – not fake or artificial : a genuine pearl ; a genuine antique .
Pearl – the necklace consists of three strings of pearls .
Doom – The whole place had an atmosphere of doom ; Her doom was inevitable .
Inevitable – The prime minister said that war was inevitable .
Beguile – He beguiled the time with gardening .
Perceive – she perceived that he was tired .
 Mischief- That boy is always up to some mischief.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rasha

    Nice attempt to use English daily. keep it up

    all the best for your effort ,may allah help you
    Shijna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank shinja, i will try my best .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rasha, I really enjoyed reading the information about the little boy that could see more than most people who have eyes.

    Please consider joining my word of the day Forum:
    http://www.voxopop.com/group/2213c3d0-3fe7-4e95-afc5-06950b8e77ef

    Additionally, the video reminded me of a famous musician in my country Ray Charles. At a very young age, he too lost his eyes to cancer. He is known as one of the greatest musicians in history, and Ray Charles is also one of my favorites.

    Until my next POST, this is Priscilla with S.E.E.
    Speak Excellent English

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rasha,
    Thanks for sharing your list of words. I was thinking as I read your words and the definitions that I would be challenged by not clearly understanding the meaning once I leave the page. For example, the very last word Mischief is used correctly in the sentence; however, I would not know what the word meant from the definition if I did not already know.

    A better sentence structure for example might be:
    The boy is always up to some "mischief" which is typical of young boys who are bored and restless.

    This way I can make a guess about the word "mischief" because of the supporting words in the sentence.

    Great Effort,
    Until my next POST, this is Priscilla with S.E.E.
    Speak Excellent English

    ReplyDelete